Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who’s looking for answers and that’s why we’ve summarized all the answers for you right here.
In this guide, you’ll learn what the recommended Discord profile picture size is, and how to change your PFP. We even provide a useful template for you.
Let’s dive right in!
- Discord recommends an avatar image size of 128×128 pixels, however, if you upload a larger image, Discord will resize it for you as well.
- Discord recommends a PFP size of 128×128 pixels for JPEG, PNG, and animated GIF images. Despite these recommendations, you may upload a larger image, crop it to a circle and let Discord resize the image for you.
- You can upload JPEG, PNG, and even animated GIF files. The file size limit of 8 MB is more than enough for most PFPs.
- For larger animated GIFs we recommend cropping and compressing them outside Discord as there have been many reports that Discord’s compression is often too weak and leads to file size errors.
- Make sure your profile pictures adhere to Discord’s Terms of Service and the Community Server Guidelines. NSFW avatars are not allowed.
Your Discord profile picture, also known as Discord PFP or Discord Avatar, is a digital representation of who you are or aspire to be. Remember, whenever someone interacts with you on Discord or finds your profile, this is the very first thing they will see.
That’s why it’s so important to choose the right profile picture for your Discord, or any other social media platform for that matter. The recommended Discord PFP size is 128×128 pixels, however, you can also upload larger images and Discord will automatically downscale it to the ideal Discord avatar size.
You can upload your profile picture in JPEG, PNG, or even as an animated GIF if your membership allows it. When you upload your PFP, you don’t need to worry about its shape because Discord will automatically crop it to a circle for you.
However, this also means that the most important parts of the avatar should ideally be located in the center of the image. Discord has a file size limit for profile pictures of 8 MB and up to 50 MB if you’re a Nitro member.
However, unless you’re uploading a very big animated GIF, most Discord profile pictures won’t exceed the basic limit.
Discord PFP Size Template & Format
Some users require a little bit more assistance, despite the fact that the majority of people usually do not have any trouble setting the appropriate dimensions for their Discord profile pictures.
Because of this, we’ve developed a nice little template for the appropriate size of your Discord avatar, which ought to make things a little bit simpler for everyone.
It’s not exactly something that’s overly complicated, but maybe some of you will find that it’s helpful in some situations.
Our PFP size template for Discord can be downloaded in one of these five different file formats:
- PNG format
- SVG format
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
How to Change Your Discord PFP?
You can change the picture that represents you on Discord by going into your profile settings and making the change there. To upload the image you want to use for your PFP profile, just click on your avatar or the “Change Avatar” button.
Changing the picture that represents your user profile on Discord is a piece of cake. It won’t take more than a minute of your time, and you can do it right from the “User Settings” section of your account.
When comparing the desktop and mobile versions of Discord, you will find that there are only very minor differences between the two. In the next two sections, we’ll walk you through the process of doing both of these things, step by step.
Frequently Asked Questions on Discord Profile Pic (FAQ)
Let’s quickly address a few of the frequently asked questions that many people have in relation to the profile pictures they use for Discord before we wrap this up.
How big should a Discord profile picture be?
- The smallest size allowed for a profile picture on Discord is 128 by 128 pixels.
What is the size of a Discord icon?
- Icons for use within Discord are typically referred to as “avatars” or “profile pictures” within the platform.
How do I fit my profile picture on Discord
- During the process of uploading an image to serve as your Discord profile picture, you will have the ability to crop and resize the image regardless of the dimensions it currently occupies or the aspect ratio it employs. As a result, adjusting your profile picture to fit shouldn’t be too difficult.
Why is my Discord PFP so pixellated?
- Due to a bug that appeared in the iOS version of the Discord app in 2021, all of the profile pictures that were uploaded through mobile phones came out extremely blurry. The only way to resolve this issue at that time was to upload the PFP using either the desktop app or the browser.
Are NSFW profile pictures allowed on Discord?
- No, this is not allowed by Discord, as the company has stated on multiple occasions that NSFW avatars violate their terms of service.
No matter which social media platform you use, profile pictures are an essential part of what contributes to the formation of initial impressions.
Therefore, using the appropriate size for your Discord profile picture is more important than you might think it is, despite the fact that it may sound like a pointless technicality.
You are able to make edits to your PFP and crop it while it is being uploaded, which is a very convenient feature that Discord provides.