Are you tired of your crown and ready to get rid of it? Don’t worry, we have a solution to your question about How to Remove the Crown on Discord. Just scroll down to remove out how to get rid of the crown on Discord.
We know that the Discord Crown is important to you because this crown icon makes it easy for users on your server to find out who to talk to if they need help. If that crown becomes too much to remove, don’t worry. Path Of EX knows how to get rid of the crown on Discord.
So get ready to hear about the easiest solution. For your question, all you need to do is read the article all the way through and follow the steps to figure out How to Remove the Crown on Discord.
This article will teach you how to get the crown on Discord and how to hide the crown for the server owner. When we hear the word “crown,” the first thing that comes to mind is either the king or the power.
However, we’ve included some instructions below for crown icon on Discord.
What does the discord crown mean?
The status of the server gets a crown symbol to signify that they are the king of the server and made it. If you have a crown icon next to your name, it means that you are in charge. This makes it easier for other people on the server to figure out who to ask for help.
It can be hard to handle the extra responsibility that comes with having a crown icon next to your name on Discord. If this is the case, you can give the server to one of your administrators.
The crown symbol was added to Discord so that new users could quickly find people who could help them. But not everyone wants their username to have a crown icon next to it. If you are in this group, we have some information for you about how to get rid of the crown on Discord.
How to get the crown on Discord?
Server owners get a crown badge, the same way that different roles on a server get colours that show how much power they have. There are crown badges next to the name of the owner.
When you join a server on Discord, you’ll see a list of server members on the right side of the screen. If you’re on Mobile, you can access the server members list by pressing the person icon in the top right corner.
The server owner will have a crown next to their name in the list of server members. This shows that they own the owner. The crown makes it easy for other members on the server to find the server owner when they need help.
The server’s owner is the only one who can do certain things. If you give control to another server member, the crown will disappear from your username and reappear next to the new owner’s username.
The crown is always on display. But if you make roles and disappear them admin permissions, the crown will go away. This is because the role is a way to show that a member has admin permissions. So, there is no longer a need for the crown.
You will also no longer be the only member in the server with admin permissions. Other members with certain roles will also have access to these permissions. There are ways to get the crown to show up again while still having roles.
- Launch Discord.
- Find your way to the server where your crown went missing.
- Right-click on the name of the server.
- Click Server Settings.
- Tap on the roles. Here, you can see all of the roles that have been made on the server.
- Click on each role, and then go to the Role Settings page.
- Turn the option OFF. Show role members and online members separately.
- Check to see if each role is ON or OFF. Make sure it is off if it is on.
- Pressing (CTRL + R) will make the screen look new. Check the crown’s badge to see who owns it. It has to go back to where it belongs.
When you start up Discord, look at the left side of the screen. You should be able to see a list of server icons there. Right-click on a server you own and choose “Server Settings” from the option that comes up. Go to the tab for roles. You should be able to see a list of your server’s roles. By clicking on one of the roles, you can access the settings for that role.
By default, you should be taken to the “display” tab. Scroll down the page until you see the option to “display role members separately from online members.” Click on the switch for the option to turn it off. The option has been turned off if the switch is grey. This step needs to be done for each role. The crown should reappear back after that.
- In the top left corner, click the server’s name and then click Server Settings.
- Select Roles from the menu on the left.
- Click Make a role.
- Name the role, give it a color, etc.
- On the Display tab, turn on the option to show role members and online members separately.
- Select Administrator on the Permissions tab.
- Click the Save button.
Open the Discord app and press the three lines. The top left corner is where you should put these. There should be a list of server icons on the left side of the screen. You press on a server you own. Then, press the three dots next to the name of the server. Choose the “Settings” option to open the server settings.
Scroll down the settings page until you find the “roles” option. Press the option to see the roles in your server. If you click on one of the roles, you can change its settings.
Go to the “display” tab and scroll down until you see “display separately” as an option. If the option’s switch is green, you can press it to turn it off. The option has been turned off if the switch is grey. This step needs to be done for each role on the server. Now, the crown should reappear up again.
Remove Crown Icon in Discord
If you want to get rid of the crown on Discord but are having trouble, here’s how to do it. A crown tells people to /bow before they talk to you in text chat.
If you’d rather share the work with other members in the community, you could also make the role for yourself and your other admins. So scroll down and follow the steps below to remove the crown on Discord.
There are ways to disappear the crown if you don’t want it to show up. The easiest way to get rid of the crown is to make roles with admin permissions and give them to people.
Steps To Remove The Crown On Discord
Start Discord and click the arrow icon in the top left corner.
- Select Server Settings from the dropdown menu.
- select on Roles, which is next to “Show role members separately from online members.”
- Then, click Save Changes at the bottom.
- To refresh Discord, press Ctrl + R (or CMD + R) on your keyboard.
- The Crown symbol will no longer be next to your name.
- Go to each role and turn off the switch if the crown is still there.
How to Hide Discord Server Owner Crown
By adding yourself to the role, you can hide the discord server crown.
- Launch Discord.
- Go to Settings for Server.
- Click on Members under User Management.
- Look for your name, then click on the three dots.
- Click on Role, and then choose the new role you just made to add yourself.
- If you press CTRL+R and then refresh Discord, your server crown will disappear.
How To Make A Dummy Role In Discord?
A completely new position with admin rights that is just a dummy role can also be created. This means that you are only using the role for the work you are doing.
When you flip the switches, a message will appear at the bottom of the screen telling you that you haven’t saved your changes yet.
- Once you’re done, click Save Changes.
- Open Discord again when you’re done.
If your crown is visible, you can add this role yourself by following the steps below:
- Go back to your server’s settings and click on “Server Settings.”
- From the menu on the left, find on Members, which is under the USER MANAGEMENT section.
- Find your name in the empty window and click on the + icon to the right of it.
- Find the admin role that was just created and click on it.
- To find a role more quickly, type the name of the position into the text field.
Now that you have been given the role, your crown should be gone.
Discord Crown Disappeared
If you are the owner of a Discord server or if you are reading this on behalf of the owner of the server, it is possible that the crown badge will be removed from your name, or it may simply disappear.
How to Transfer Ownership of a Discord Server
All users who use Discord know that it was made so that users could trade crypto-currency and talk to each other. Now, Discord could be used for a lot more than that. That’s why you might need to change who owns your server.
As usual, the process is completely stress-free. Both Windows and macOS can follow the steps.
- Start the Discord server.
- Use the server list on the left to get to the server.
- Right-click on the icon for the server.
- Tap the Server Settings button.
- Click on Members on the menu that appears.
- Find the member of the server you want to transfer ownership to.
- Look at the entry.
- Click the icon with three dots.
- Choose to change ownership.
- Use the dialogue box to confirm the transfer.
What If There Is No Owner of a Discord Server?
A server can’t be created on its own in Discord. In other words, each server has its own owner who made it or owns it. We can also think of a bot as the server’s owner. There is, though.
If a Discord server only has one owner, and that owner wants to delete the account before giving it to someone else, that is the only time this could happen. In this case, the server may be without an owner for now.
During this time, the members who belong to the server can use it without any restrictions. But if they don’t take the right steps, they could face a big problem.
That is, at some point, the server will be deleted or turned off by itself. So, even though any member could have the right of being the owner of that server, they can’t become the owner, which is a shame.
In this case, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Discord Support team and ask them to help. The problem with who owns a server will be fixed when the support team sets up the active roles for this.
Many owners want to get rid of this crown icon because they want to be like other members, and some try their hardest to get this crown icon.
When you have a crown icon next to your name on Discord, you feel like a king running an empire, and everyone wants to feel that kind of power.
Many owners want to get rid of this crown icon because they think it makes them less anonymous, but others do everything they can to get it.
Tell me why you want to know how to get a crown on Discord by leaving a comment in the box below, and please share it.
Frequently Asked Question on Discord Crown
How do you get Owner crown on Discord?
Simply navigate to your role settings and deactivate the option to “Display role members separately from online members” to make your crown visible once more.
Why does Discord owner crown disappear?
After the owner of the server arranges his roles on the server, the crown symbol that previously represented the owner is removed. Regardless of the roles that were being played or the settings for those roles, the crown symbol could always be seen.
What does the crown mean on Discord?
If you own your own server on Discord, you’ll notice a crown next to your name. This is due to the fact that the crown reveals the identity of the server’s owner.
When you hover over the crown, the tooltip changes to say, Server Owner. Because of this, you can tell that the icon in question is genuine and not merely an emoji that someone has appended to the end of their name.
What happens if a Discord server owner leaves?
The “ownerless” server will continue to exist for a period of time, but the service will remove it at some point in the future. Make sure that you transfer ownership of the server to another member on the server if you want it to continue operating after you step down as administrator.
Why is my crown on Discord not working?
Your Discord crown is not showing because you have one or more roles that are both hoisted (shows separately on server sidebar) and have administrator capabilities. In that scenario, despite the fact that you are the owner of the server, you will not be awarded the crown.
How do I give ownership in Discord?
- Click on the Server Name box to open the “Server Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Members” tab under “User Management”
- Hover over the name of the user you want to transfer ownership to and click the three dots (the “Hamburger Menu”).
- This will bring up a menu where you can click “Transfer Ownership.”