Have you been banned off of the Discord server you frequent the most? In this article, I’ll explain the quickest and most painless way to have your account unbanned.
There are a number of reasons why you might be banned from using Discord servers. But once you’ve been banned, what options do you have? Is there a way by which I can get back on?
If you’re here, there’s a good chance you were banned off a Discord server and directed to this article as a result. Employing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is thankfully the solution to the problem of how to get unbanned from a Discord server. This is the way that has proven to be the most easy (VPN).
What are the reasons that Discord bans users?
There are a number of different reasons why users can be banned from a server or even the Discord service itself. These include, but are not limited to the following examples:
- Coordinating and taking part in assaults on other players’ servers.
- Targeting a user multiple times with messages or friend requests that they have not requested.
- Making spam accounts and using them
- The distribution of p0rn0graphy
- Sharing material that is protected by intellectual property laws is illegal.
- Encouragement of self-inflicted harm or suicide
- Lacking appropriate labelling for channels rated NSFW
- Doing anything illegal
Now, I am fully aware that not a single one of my audience members would ever engage in any of the aforementioned shenanigans, and I am also aware that administrators have the ability to ban users at their whim. However, once you have successfully gotten yourself unbanned, follow sure to play nice with other people and adhere to the rules.
How Users Are Banned on Discord
There are two different kinds of bans in Discord.
The first kind of ban is a server ban, which means that the administrator of a particular chat server has banned you from accessing that server. When something like this happens, you will no longer be able to log into that specific server; however, you will still be able to connect to other servers.
The second kind is a ban imposed by the Discord staff that applies to the entire type. This means that you are unable to connect to any of the servers that are part of the Discord service.
Let’s now take a look at the process that Discord uses to ban a user. There are two ways in which Discord keeps track of its users: by username and by IP address.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is used to identify a connected device on any network, including the internet. This enables the network to identify where information is coming from and where it needs to be sent to in order to function properly.
Even if you change your username and try to log into a Discord server, you won’t be able to access the server because the Discord system will recognise your IP address. This means that even if you change your username, you won’t be able to access the server.
This prevents you from easily creating a new account from the same computer, as your IP address will continue to be flagged, and the server will continue to prevent you from connecting to the server.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Being Unbanned from a Discord Server
Utilizing a tool that you may already have in your arsenal of online resources—a Virtual Private Network—is the way that yields the best results in terms of getting unbanned from Discord (VPN). A virtual private network (VPN) is an excellent way for unblocking virtually any online service, and Discord is not an exception to this rule.
When a user connects their device to the server of a VPN service, the VPN service will momentarily assign a new IP address to the user’s device. This gives the impression that the user is connecting from a different location than they actually are. This location could be on the opposite side of the city, or it could be on the opposite side of the world.
With the new IP address, you will be able to sign up for Discord with a new username, which will grant you access to the server(s) from which you may have been banned previously.
TIP FROM THE EXPERTS Always make sure to create a completely unique username. Human administrators screen new users and manage bans and restrictions on the server. If your previous username was “Big Poppa,” then choosing the name “Big Poppa 1” as your new username might give it away.
Steps for Unblocking Discord by Using a VPN on Windows
Please follow the steps below if you are using Windows to unblock Discord.
- Exit the desktop client app for Discord.
- In Windows, navigate to the “%appdata%” folder, which is located on the C: drive. You can find it in the folder labelled with your username. It’s possible that you won’t be able to see the folder until you enable hidden items. (To view items that are hidden from view, open the “View” menu option and check the “Hidden items” box.)
- The AppData folder should now be visible to you, and you should be able to open it. Open the “Local” folder that is contained within this folder.
- Navigate to the Local folder, search for the “Discord” folder, and then delete it.
- Launch the VPN client app, and then connect to a VPN server in order to obtain a new IP address.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Discord app, then launch it.
- Create sure you use a new email address when creating your new account. (If you prefer, you can use an email address from Outlook, Gmail, or one of the many other free services.)
- Utilizing the brand-new account, log into Discord.
- join in to the server where you were previously banned.
After the new account has been created up, you are free to terminate your connection to the VPN whenever you like. It is only required in order to create a new account on Discord.
Frequently Asked Questions on Unbanned From Discord
How do I ask for unban Discord?
- Open the main page for Discord.
- Click on Submit a request.
- Choose the option “Trust & Safety.”
- Enter your email address and choose Appeals, age update, or other questions.
- Explain why you want to appeal and send it in.
How long do Discord bans last?
However, bots can be used to temporarily ban a user without the ban being permanent unless a moderator decides to lift the ban and unban the user. There are two distinct categories of prohibitions: Kick The user’s account has been deleted from the server, however they are free to register a new one whenever they like.
Does Discord ban your IP?
IP bans are the same as Discord bans. Because of this, you will not be able to access Discord through the device you are using because they will block your IP address. Because of IP prohibitions, getting unbanned might be a challenging process. For instance, you won’t be able to just create a new account since Discord will identify both your device and your IP address and then prohibit you from accessing the platform.
Can you appeal Discord ban?
Every user has the ability to contest the actions that have been made against their account. Through the course of our investigation, we go to considerable measures to guarantee that we will only take action when it is truly warranted to do so.
Can you make a new Discord account after being banned?
The answer from support was that a banned user is banned by IP, but there is nothing stopping them from changing their IP address (using a VPN or anything else) and creating a new account on the server.
How many Discord warnings can you get?
Green ban reasons will receive three warnings within a week in order to qualify for a mute, and two mutes within a week prior to a Chat-Moderator taking further action with a day ban, if the ban reason is still present.
How do you prove you are 13 on Discord?
- The user may have to show a valid ID, and Discord must have a team of trusted people who are in charge of this.
- Users may need to show a driver’s licence or college ID card.
- Users might have to answer a set of questions to prove their age or ID.