Users of Discord have the ability to report abusive behaviour; however, they are required to provide specifics regarding the conversation in question. Those who engage in abusive behaviour, on the other hand, frequently delete their messages minutes or even seconds later, making it impossible for you to even take a screenshot of what they said. There are a lot of people who use Discord who are curious about whether or not there is a way to read messages that have been deleted on the platform.
This article will not only provide an answer to your question but will also explain how you can handle harassment on Discord.
How to Report Online Harassment on Discord
You have the option of notifying the Discord support team about the offensive message as well as the user who sent it in the event that the message in question has not been removed. To report an issue, you simply need to tap the “Report” button located in the upper-right corner of your mobile app.
Due to the absence of a “Report” button, the procedure is somewhat more difficult when performed on a desktop computer. Instead, you will need to gather a few ID numbers, jot them down, and report them to the Discord team via a form that you will write on the website.
The following is what you are going to need to do:
- To access the settings for your device, locate the gear icon in the bottom-left corner of the display and click on it.
- Click the “Advanced” section after clicking the “Appearance” tab and looking for it there.
- To activate “Developer Mode,” turn the switch to its “on” position next to the heading.
- Find the message that you want to report, right-click on the user’s name, and select the “Copy ID” option from the context menu. Before moving on to the next step, paste sure that you have pasted this information into a text document and saved it first. You will be copying a few more IDs after this.
- The next thing that you will need is the ID of the message that is actually being sent. The procedure is almost identical: right-click anywhere on the message, select “Copy ID,” and then paste that ID into the same document.
- Last but not least, you will need the ID of the server where the abusive behaviour occurred. Repeatedly, you will have to right-click on the server name, select the “Copy ID” option, and then paste the information into the same document. Before moving on to the next step, double check that the labels for all three IDs (User ID, Message-ID, and Server ID) are written in the correct order.
- Visit the official request form for Discord, and from the menu that drops down, select “Trust & Safety.” Follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the rest of the form after you have first entered your email address in the space provided.
- Choose “Harassment” or another option that you feel is appropriate to report under the “Report Type” heading. In the following field labelled “Subject,” type “Abusive behaviour report” or something comparable.
- Copy each of the three clearly labelled IDs and paste them into the “Description” box below. You can also add any additional notes you might have. You have the option of attaching a screenshot to this comment by making use of the “Attachment” field that is located below.
- After you have finished filling out the form, you will need to confirm that you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA box located at the bottom of the page and then clicking the “Submit” button. Your inquiry will be forwarded to the Discord support team, and as soon as it has been attended to and dealt with, you will be notified of the outcome via email.
Can You Report a Deleted Message?
The support team for Discord requires all three of these IDs in order to process your request and take the necessary actions against the person who sent the abusive message. As a result of this, as soon as you receive a message that violates the terms of service, you need to immediately record all three IDs and take a screenshot of the message.
You are still able to report it and attach the screenshot as proof, even if the message is deleted, as long as you have the server ID and the user ID for it. You have the option of sending an email to email@example.com or submitting a complaint via the official form.
Because it is so simple to change one’s username on Discord, online harassers have a tendency to do so frequently; therefore, you are required to submit the user’s ID along with your screenshot. In the event that you are unable to do so, you can still make an attempt to submit a report; however, the support team may not be able to identify the sender or take the necessary actions in response to the report.